If you are choosing to participate in the Telehealth format. You will receive the following email to prepare you for your visit.
Thank you for your interest in participating in a Telehealth physical therapy session. In light of COVID-19 we are planning to use this form of Physical Therapy in order to best comply with efforts of social distancing while still progressing our patients and providing the highest level of skilled care.
How to prepare:
- For your appointment find a quiet spot in your home where you feel you would have enough space to carry out any exercises.
- Practice setting up the space so that your therapist will have a full view of your body in order to observe you performing exercises or to assess movement.
- Continuing patients make sure that you have all of your PT supplies with you. If you will need anything else your therapist will contact you prior to your appointment
- Be sure to wear physical therapy appropriate attire, that is easy to move in.
- You will need access to a mobile device or computer/iPad with a webcam.
- When we call to confirm your visit, you will be prompted to read the Telehealth Terms of Service (TOS) agreement on our website. (Click on the Telehealth button on the homepage)
- We are using doxy.me as our communication medium. It is fully HIPAA compliant
- Prior to the start of your appointment you will receive an email with a link. The link will redirect you to doxy.me where you will virtually check in to your appointment
- Your check in will include an online agreement which includes a web version of the same privacy and patient rights notices we offer when you come to the practice.
- Once you have signed in your therapist will see that you are in the “Virtual Waiting Room”
- When they click on your name each of your cameras will be activated and the session will begin!
It will be helpful to prepare any questions you may have with regard to your program or overall plan of care.
Please confirm that this email address is what we should continue to use for your Telehealth appointments. Otherwise please offer the one you prefer.
We must have signed consent from a parent or guardian to email a minor. In some instances it may best to have a parent present during a session with a minor.
Thank you for your confidence in our care during these unique and challenging times.
The Staff of MCPT, LLC
With the massive influx of users to the internet to conduct their business, the possibility exists that another service such as Zoom, Skype, etc. may be the only platform available to conduct your visit. If a switch from doxy.me is required, we will notify you and seek your permission first before moving to another format.