Thank you for your interest in participating in a Telehealth physical therapy visit. This has proven to be an effective means of facilitating both current and new patients to demonstrate the ability to meet their physical therapy goals
How to prepare:
- For your appointment find a quiet spot in your home where you feel you would have enough space to carry out any exercises and have all your “PT Supplies” handy if you are a returning patient.
- Practice setting up the space so that your therapist will have a full view of your body in order to observe you performing exercises or to assess movement.
- You will be contacted in advance if you need anything else for your appointment.
- Be sure to wear physical therapy appropriate attire, that is easy to move in.
- You will need access to a mobile device or computer/iPad with a webcam.
- Prepare any questions you may have with regard to your program or overall plan of care.
- If you are a new patient, prior to your visit we ask that you go to our website www.mcdancetherapy.com and review the Notice of Privacy Practices and Patients’ Rights Notice. Please print the signature page of the Privacy Notice and email ahead of your visit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment Reminders and Joining Your Visit:
- WebPT, our documentation and scheduling system, is the host platform for your zoom.us virtual sessions. This will allow for easy access to your Telehealth session and is fully HIPPA compliant.
- You will receive an email through the WebPT system the day before your visit which will serve as your visit reminder and will include the meeting link (the link will also be made available again when you receive your email invitation into your visit)
- Five to ten minutes prior to the start of your appointment you will receive an email from WebPT advising you the meeting has started and you may join any time from that point.
- You will be placed in a virtual waiting room from which your therapist will admit you to the session at your scheduled time.
- Please do not reply directly to emails with links to your upcoming appointment or those sent to start your session. They will not come to the practice, but rather go to WebPT support. If you have to make a change or cancel an appointment, please contact us through the practice email: email@example.com
Please be sure to confirm with the office the email address is what we should use for your Telehealth appointments.
We must have signed consent from a parent or guardian to email a minor. In some instances it may best to have a parent present during a session with a minor.
Thank you for your confidence in our care.
The Staff of MCPT, LLC